Join SALC VI in Lund 2017!
- The next SALC conference will be held Lund, Sweden, April 20-22 2017. Read the call for SALC VI.
Previous SALC CONFERENCES
- The SALC V conference was held in Trondheim, Norway, August 2015.
- The official SALC members’ meeting took place on August 20, 2015 at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Trondheim. Read the minutes from SALC members’ meeting 200815.
- A new governing board was elected at the SALC V conference. See the members of the new governing board
NEWS frOM OTHER ORGANIZATIONS
- The 2nd conference of the International Association for Cognitive Semiotics (IACS) has send out its second call. The conference will be held June 20-22 in Lublin, Poland.
- Read more news from other organizations
The Scandinavian Association for Language and Cognition (SALC) was formed on June 11 2009 during the Second International Conference of the Swedish Association for Language and Cognition, held at Stockholm University involving linguists, psychologists, cognitive scientists and semioticians, working on a variety of topics and utilising different methodologies.
The major goal of the association is to promote the study of the relationship between language and cognition. This involves any type of research in which language is not treated in isolation (e.g. as a “module”), but both as based on structures and processes of general cognition and social cognition, and as affecting such structures and processes. The association is intended to be a forum for cooperation and exchange of ideas between disciplines, fields of study and theoretical frameworks.